Question
Posted by: lees | 2009-01-16

LSD

Thank you very much for your reply which has given me a few ways to go about this. She was terribly unhappy last year - kind of lost her identity and self confidence (all through the course which she is studying) so this could be the reason why she' s doing this. Only thing is is that she seemed to have got her mind wrapped around things and definitely appeared to have conquered all the negative feelings which she had and took on this healthy way of living lifestyle and outlook - she' s so much more positive and happy than at the end of last year' s varsity and I was so glad she seemed to be over the unhappiness she was experiencing and ready to face this new year - now I would tend to think that its the drugs which she' s doing, but this does' nt make sense to me because she looks so healthy and happy 70% of the time - I' m afraid she has another life which I never knew about. She is definitely going to turn the whole thing around when she knows I read the messages - this I know and the whole thing will become about that. I' m very concerned about this other substance and this is the whole thing about drug use because of it leading to more dangerous things - but what do we know as parents hey - they' ll never know until they have their own kids. If only she they would realise that all our concerns are for them and only them - not us. Because she' s not good with money I pay all fees directly and give her an allowance which is comfortable, but not overly excessive - but there' s always this and that that she needs over and above what I give her and I know now that this has been all bogus and its been drug money - I have no idea what they cost but I would imagine its very expensive - but what is it doing to her mind?

Some people mistakenly believe, and some quack individuals and books and websites might encourage this, the falst idea that LSD and similar drugs someohow magically enable one to "discover oneself" and sort out such problms, whereas they usually make these worse.

6
Posted by: skye | 2009-01-19

Hi Anon

Actually the guys on the street who sell heroin &  crack don' t sell LSD becuase there is not that much profit from it becuse it' s not addictive and you don' t chase it for more like the other drugs. I buy from what you would call hippies. And yes I have thought of it. I don' t support the dealers on the street.

Reply to skye
Posted by: anon | 2009-01-18

Skye - who are you buying from? The same guy that supplies heroin and crack to the kids down the street? You are supporting this killer, ever thought of it in this way seeing that you have broadened your perspective?
Dumb ass!

Reply to anon
Posted by: lees | 2009-01-16

No offence taken Skye - I really appreciate the information supplied - its just that I find it difficult to accept it in any terms just because of what this may lead to - I had a post pre this one where I mentioned that she made mention of some other substance and referred to mg' s and mixing it with water - doc said that that sounds like a something sounding more dangerous, so I' m afraid she' s already experimenting with other stuff. Its very hard to know what to do in this situation and I' ve always been afraid of it happening - now its a reality and one of my worse nightmares. Thanks again for the info.

Reply to lees
Posted by: skye | 2009-01-16

Hi Lees

I didn' t mean for my message to sound blase. I just thought that maybe you would like to have some info on the subject from someone who has taken LSD. I also thought maybe it would help you to know that it' s not addictive so if you talk to her and give a good argument it would be easy to stop. If she has started with this it' s better to confront her now before she goes on to other stronger drugs (thats what I ment by " you should be happy..." ).
You should be concerned but also not pounce on her because that might drive her to further experimentation. Maybe ask her why she is taking acid and what does she think this does for her that cannot be done with a sober mind?
Thats all, sorry if I ofended you it was not my intention.

Reply to skye
Posted by: lees | 2009-01-16

Wow!! well thank goodness for small mercies then hey !!! I cannot even think about being blase about this - drugs scare the hell out of me. Maybe there are the chosen few who can control it, but my gosh, what if she takes something which really damages her brain permanently. I know the young crowd think that they' re not in any danger - thats the message the pushers make sure comes across and they' re so gullible and easy to convince. I hate it and I' m really scared for her as I know there are real a-h' s out there who just want to rope people into the scene. From what I' ve learnt here it would seem that this change of attitude has been caused from using this stuff and I am really concerned. You know if I could I would murder all drug lords - I hate them for what they do to kids and families - and if my precious daughters life is ruined by this I may well do this. Thanks for the information

Reply to lees
Posted by: skye | 2009-01-16

LSD costs about R70 to R100. You should be happy she is taking this and not other drugs as LSD is the least toxic drug. I would not recommend it for everyone though because you have to have a strong mind for it. It is also not addictive in any manner at all. It does give you the illusion of finding yourself as it does open door in your mind and broaden your perspective, but you have to then figure out how to do that when you' re not on acid so that you can say that you' ve really found yourself.
I have been taking acid for about 10 years (once every 2 months or so) and I think it has been for the better. But I can' t stress enough that not everybody can handle it and also if you are suseptible to schizophrenia it may trigger it. Like all drugs it should be used with caution or not at all.

Reply to skye