Lp299v pills for spastic colon - generic version?

Hi, I saw that the Pharmasist is on leave... so I hope you can help:

My docter told me that I have alot of " air"  in my intestines (x-ray' s taken). He then suggest that I should take an Lp299v tablet twice a day. I suffer from flatulence and a gurgling sound in my stomach.

I must admit that I do notice a difference. He said that I would really see the effects after 2 months use - I just started month 2 now... he also said that I would possibly have to take continious medication for this from now on, as it is a chronic condition.

The problem is the cost. My Medical savings are finished for the year and these pills (60 - which is 1 month supply) cost about R260.00.

Is there a generic I can use with the same effects that cost less?

Unfortunately, this is the best product to use for your problem but I suggest that you ask your pharmacist for an alternative and use it for a while to see if it controls your problem.