Posted by: Spastic colon | 2009-07-19

Lp299v Pills

Hi, I have been diagnosed with a chronic spastic colon and the docter has prescribed Lp299v Pills (I have been on them for about 2 months now).

They seem to work and when I do skip a day or two on these pills, I feel bloated and pass alot of gas like before.

The problem is, they are quite expensive at about R260 for a month supply. I asked " cyber doc"  previously if there is another pill or generic I could try and he said no, this was the best on the market.

Do you agree?

Also, the dosage is 2 pills a day, would it be as effective if I only drank one a day? This should stretch the pills over 2 months making it more affordable?

Please advise, thanks!

Expert ImagePharmacist

I'd also say the LPV is the best. As for reducing the dose - Give it a try. After taking the 2 daily dose for 30 days, reduce the dose to 1 daily and see how you react.
Best of luck!

Posted by: Jenny | 2014-07-11

I have tried all the other cheaper probiotics, and always have to go back to Lp299v as they are the only thing that gives relief. Sometimes Dischem has them on special.

Reply to Jenny
Posted by: Vee | 2009-08-12

I used to take LP299v and they really helped then I felt better and stopped them my stomach has started up again so have just bought another course can I still take my Probiflora intensive 9 together with the LP299v?

Reply to Vee