Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-10-02

LP299V and charcoal pills

I have experienced flatulance for the past few years. It always seem to increase at night and it is really bad. A doctor took xrays and said my intestines were full of air. He recommended LP299V Pills. My stomach grumbles alot too.

These pills definately helps with the grumble noises, but not really so much with the flatulance.

I think I asked you some time ago, if one pill instead of two per day would also work. You said I should try and see. It does help with the grumbling noises, but the flatulence still seems to be the same.

Someone told me that Charcoal pills will also help. Can I use this and the LP299V pills together or will the one cancel the other out?

I looked at Clicks for the charcoal pills, but couldnt find any. Where can I buy some, what makes are there, and what do they cost roughly? (The LP299V Pills are quite expensive and hopefully these are cheaper...).

THanks!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi There

Most pharmacies will have charcoal tablets/capsules available - If you cant find it, ask the Pharmacist for help. Charcotabs is one brandname.

Besides the charcoal you can also try pankreoflat for flatulence.

Certain fruits/veggies may worsen flatulence - especially if raw.

1
Posted by: Anon | 2009-10-02

I am also trying to eat more healthily, which includes alot of steamed veggies and this really makes the problem worse! Could the veggies aggrivate the flatulance?