Question
Posted by: Normal | 2009-08-05

LP

is it normal to experience a bit of back pain or shoulder blade pain or discomfort and pulling feeling, after a lumbar puncture, this has only happened on day 4 after the LP so am wondering? i never had other problems it was a quick and easy procedure otherwise. I do have to lift my 2 yr old maybe its that? its more to the right shoulder blade high up? can i do gently walking on day 5 after LP?
Tx
What about yoga when can i resume?

Dear Normal
I don't think this is due to the LP, probably a pulled muscle or some muscle spasm. You can try heat and gentle massage and taking an anti-inflammatory like Brufen or voltaren. You can do gentle walking by day 5 after LP and you can do yoga that would not put a lot of stress on the back.