Question
Posted by: Alison | 2011-06-01

Lowering of standards

I sometimes think it is only me that has this problem, but I am sure there are many people in the same boat. Maybe I just need some strategies to cope. I cannot deal with the no care attitude of the workforce. When I studied things were done the right way. I try to stay calm, but somethings I see blow my mind. Trying to fit in with the flow also upsets me as it i not my style. As a result I work ten times harder than anyone else. Being in the health industry, a lot of the problems relate to health and even sometimes death. How can I accept the things I cannot change? No matter what I do it does not help to change attitudes. It i the biggest conflict I have ever faced.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

The emotional and psychological stress and strain of the scenario you paint is problematic and common. The brutal option is to leave for "greener" pastures. But,hey that is not so easy,is it? Best to do an audit of your workplace activity - what are your expected duties? What extra work are you doing? What deficiencies in service do you perceive? What are your solutions to thee problems and shortcomings?Write all this down, compile a status scenario and a plan of action and correction. Put it together in a professional package,take a big breath and go straight to the number one. Best of luck!

1
Posted by: JT | 2011-06-02

I understand how you feel. I am also one of those people who gives 100% at all times and it sometimes feels like I am carrying the workload of everyone around me. Thing is there is two types of people in this world: the people who go above and beyond and give 100% effort at al times and people who just coast along doing just enough not to get fired.

People like us on the other hand will get ahead in life while the coasters will retire in the same position they start. That is why I am 10 years younger then all my colleagues and am in line to be promoted again.

Be strong and steer the course...

Reply to JT