Question
Posted by: liz | 2008/09/16

lower vaginal pain

i am 67 the past week I have had extreme pain in the lower part of my body I have had a hysterectomy at 32 and 2 bladder lifts and should have another bladder op. I am alright when I am sitting but as soon as I get up and walk I am in a lot fo pain. can you tell me what you think it could be.
thanks Liz

Dear Liz
You don't mention if the pain is in the back or on the abdomen - please give me more info? Do you have pain when urinating? any fever? Tummy working normally?

2
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2008/09/18

Dear Liz
You may have a nerve pinching in your lower back causing referred pain to your lower body - please let your doctor have a look to see whether you need a lower back x/ray?

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: LIZ | 2008/09/17

my tummy works fine, no fever, bladder works ok just i do go very often because it always feels full the pain i can only discribe as when your in the last stages of birth without the contractions the pain is only when i stand or walk, is it possible that i have a prolapsed bladder i know that i do need to have another bladder lift at some stage.

Reply to LIZ