Question
Posted by: Sebe | 2011-05-19

Lower right abdominal pain

Hi Doc,

I have this pain at my lower right side of my abdomen, it came back to me last night and I felt while jogging this morning again. I''ve had it for about the past 3 years, it comes and goes. When it comes it''s quite intense and if I press on the spot it becomes less painful. Also when it comes, it''s quite shortlived, the longest I''ve had it is probably 3 days (although not ongoing) and it lasts about 5 to 10 seconds at a time.

Because it dosn''t come often and is shortlived I''ve felt that it''s not disrupting my life. But now I''m wondering if it''s not something serious that I should have checked out. I have digestive problems (self-diagnosed...not regular, contantly nauseous, usually constipated), could it be linked to that?

Sebe

The best will be to consult a gastroenterologist, as it is possible that you are suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. IBS is a diagnosis made, when all other pathological possibilities have been excluded.

Please refer to the following link for detailed information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_bowel_syndrome