Posted by: Rosy | 2009-03-30

Lower left Abdominal Pain

Good day

I am about 10 weeks pregnant, I have a sharp pain on the lower left abdomin, i have been experiencing this for about 2 days now, sometimes mild, sometimes sharp, is this normal. There is no blood and I went to see my gynae at 6 weeks, did a scan, everything was fine, gynae didnot pick up an ectopic pregnancy. Next vist at 12 weeks. Is this normal to receive this kind of abdominal pain on the lower left or should I be worried, 1st pregnancy.

It sounds okay. Stools can change in pregnancy, though constipation is more usual.

Posted by: Rosy | 2009-04-01

I have been to my gynae after worrying, agreed to see me without an appointment, he says that it is normal to have this pain as the veins are expanding, nothing to worry about, did ultrasound all well. Sometimes the pain gets quite bad though, especially when going to the toilet, is all this sounding correct to you. Also when i go to the toilet, my stool is loose compared before pregnancy, any advice on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Reply to Rosy