Question
Posted by: fatima | 2011-08-11

lower eyebags

SOrry doc i see you have addressed a question relating to the above, but my question refers: i was told by my dermatologist he can assitt with filler but suction might be needed, what does this mean and will he preform the suction its DR DYLAN NAIDoo from durban dermatology.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Fatima, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net but I believe that Dylan is most probably referring to the fatty bag that typically is found above the tear trough (the depression that radiates from the corner of the eye). Once the filler has been used to lift the tear trough depression the fatty bag can be ‘disguised’ and not as easily visible but if it is still prominent after the filler treatment this may have to be removed.

My advice would be to approach this area conservatively and to try the filler treatment first, let everything settle (4 to 6 weeks) before deciding on a more invasive procedure. Furthermore it would be a good idea to discuss the entire procedure/s with Dr Dylan so that you are 100% clear with the proposed treatment procedures including side effects and complications.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011-08-13

Hi Fatima, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert