Question
Posted by: BB | 2011/03/21

Lower back right hip pain

Hi, I have been to many doctors and had physio, x-rays and meds - No one knows why? BUT I have a spasm colon for a a few years now. When ever I do not control my bowl movements (I use prune juice to keep me regular - nothing else works) I start to get bad pain in my right hip towards my lower back. Could this be that its gets inflamed and that causes the pain and discomfort? Now I am pregnant and that also causes constipation. If it is my colon that is the problem, what can they do to fix it? Or will I use prune juice and other methods to control this for the rest of my life?

Hallo BB
You may have a spastic colon (irritable bowel syndrome) if with all the tests no other causes were identified. IBS is a chronic condition, which one can manage but usually not "heal". Safe medications to use during pregnancy include prune juice, Lactulose and Fybogel orange or other generic soluble fibre. The ideal is to have a colonoscopy to see if you have any signs of inflammation but you may have to wait until after your baby is born. Inflammatory bowel diseases however usually cause fever, weight loss, pain, blood in the stool and anemia.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/21

Hallo BB