Question
Posted by: CS | 2008/10/05

Lower Back Problems

I have had 3 operations in the last 7 months on L4/L5 ( Disks) as a result of a bad fall at work.First I had the prosthesis(Spacer)fitted, had physio therapy and the pain was endless. My doctor then suggested the fusion which I had done. 9 days after the fusion I had such pain and lameness on the right hand side of my body,my right leg was dragging behind and so painfull ,I was sent for a CT Scan which revealed that the right hand side screws were touching my central nerve.2 weeks later I had them removed.The symptoms of the pain have subsided quite a bit but I am still battling with my right leg, as it gets extremly sore when I walk. (Will this come lameness dissapear in time, or will I have to live with it ?)At night I cannot sleep the pain is so bad, I am so depressed and tired, This has been 7 months of total agony I have to wear a brace and this is so uncomfortable I don' t feel like a woman anymore and I am so afraid to tell my doctor.Who else can I speak to, I don' t want to go out, I feel as ifI am a burden to everyone and I wonder if my back will ever come right again!

Expert ImageChiroDoc

You have indeed experienced an unfortunate chain of events. Through all of this the nerve roots were obviously irritated and recovery may take time. Manipulation of the spine is not advisable under these circumstances - You could go on a course of Neurobion tabs - 1 tds with meals. Neurobion consists of the 3 neutropic vitamins B1, B6 & B12 in a fairly high concentrate. This should further assist the actual healing process. Be patient with yourself - time will heal.

1
Posted by: CS | 2008/10/31

Thanks Doc, for your reply I will definately try anything to help with this pain.

Reply to CS