Question
Posted by: Sasa | 2011-11-30

Lower Back Pain due to EPIDURAL

Dear CyberDoc..
Two years ago I gave birth to my 1st born through C-Sec. I was given Spinal Block/ Epidural. Ever since then I''ve had this constant lower back pain. The pain is coming from the exact spot where they inserted epidural injection.. Will this pain ever go away? What can i take to alleviate the pain. Pls help...
THANKS

Sasa

It is possible that an epidural can cause chronic pain. I suggest that you consult your nearest private hospital for an appointment with the pain clinic. The question that an epidural can cause chronic pain is controversial and not well documented. You can also consult an orthopedic surgeon to exclude an underlying cause for your chronic pain.