Question
Posted by: Tania | 2011-01-26

Lower Back Pain

Hello,

In about 1996 I fell off a horse and fractured 2 lower vertabrae, luckily it was just under the percentage for a back operation. I was however supposed to be in traction for 6 weeks, but was released three days later provided i remained flat on my back at home for that period of time. I was given a back brace with metal strips at the back to wear.

I had a small toddler at home and did not follow the instructions religeously. Even though with my last back x-rays a few years ago they said that the bone has healed nicely I still suffer from permanent niggling back pain sort of itch.

Is this normal?
I also asked if I should maybe get a back brace and wear it from time to time where I was advised not to as the back brace will actually weaken my back?

Tania

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Tania, Back pain symptoms can be quite varied for each individual. It is not normal to have constant symptoms. Please consult an osteopath in your area.

1
Posted by: osteopath | 2011-01-31

Reply to osteopath