Posted by: Dylan Murray | 2010-08-25

Lower back pain

I am experiencing lower back pain over the last 4 years which has gotten progressivle worse. In the last year or so, I started getting spasms. An X-ray was done in March 2010 which showed a somewhat narrower disc space between L4-L5 than normal. I am more at ease at nights when I elevate my legs on a pillow or sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees. The pain is not as intense to very slight during the day. (1) Any idea as to possible causes, and (2) what type of specialist should I see who will be able to diagnose from all these angles?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Dylan,

for your specific type of problem you should see an orthopedic surgeon who specialises in spinal problems