Posted by: Sam | 2010-07-13

Lower Back Pain

I slipped and fell onto my rear end approx five weeks ago, onto hard tiles. I didn''t feel any pain at the time, however three weeks ago, I started experiencing extreme lower back pain, from the right side on my lower spine, right around into my hip, down my leg and also into my coxyx. I was sent for X-rays, and sent to the physio, who said that one of my ligaments was in spasm. I have been going to the physio every second day since for manipulation and ultrasound therapy. Each time I feel as though I am improving, I seem to take six steps back, I can''t sit, or stand for long periods of time, and standing up from a sitting position is very painful. My right leg feels as though it''s throbbing. Am I getting the correct treatment? Is there something else I should be doing? I cant live on pain pills forever, please help?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Although physiotherapy is helpful - I would seriously recommend that you visit an experienced chiropractor. Chiropractors are expert in this field and it sounds like you require some expert attention. Take your x/rays along when consulting the chiropractor.