Question
Posted by: lizaan | 2010/05/31

lower back pain

Good day, I hope you will be able to help me as i am now sick and tired of this pain.

I started my periods on the 13th of may. The 13th and 14th i only spotted but it was little spotting and when i went to the toilette and wiped it was like a yellowish slime with some thin but long strings of i dont know what that was like a brownish color. then on the 15th at about 10 am i started bleeding with cloths., that went on through the night as well as the 16th, then on the 16th at about 4pm i just stopped suddenly and then started the same spotting on the 17th and 18th with the slime ect.

On the 16th, sunday morning when i woke up i had such bad pains that i could barely walk, My lower back was like a numb pain, pain in my left pelvis and felt like it was on my hip aswell, and my left leg was numb that still has not gone away and then on tuesday the 25th of may while i was washing dishes the evening i just suddenly got this very sharp pain in my right pelvis, this was so bad it brought me to my knees on the kitchen floor. since then i keep having eppisodes of this sharp pain in my right pelvis as well as the continues pain in my left and the back pain and leg numbness. I also get nauseas at times

I have seen 2 docs about this and got 2 diffrent diagnoses.

1ts doc said that i have cysts and endometrioses and that i should go for sonar scans but he did give me a prescription.

2nd doc i went to see was where i went to get the sonar scans, ofcourse i had to explain the symptoms to him, he never did a sonar scan as he said i have kidney infection as well as in my kidney tubes and gave me a prescription for that as well as painkillers and said that if i dont feel better after two weeks of meds i should go back and take x-rays off my back cos then it is my discs or something.

I dont know what to think about these two diffrent diagnoses and i dont have the money to go for x-rays. and at this stage it does not feel like the meds are doing much of anything, please tell me what your opinion is and what i should do cos i cant handle this anymore my back is so sore that i am uncomfortable and tha pain in my sides are really killing me. I am 21 yrs old

Thanks in advance for your reply

Hallo Lizaan
I agree with your first doctor - I would have done a sonar to exclude a tubal pregnancy or a burst ovarian cyst, especially with the continued spotting you have. Did you see a gynecologist? Most can do a sonar in the room. Back ache will usually not give you a sharp pain in the pelvis but rather pain in the lower back spreading down the buttocks and legs with needles and pins. If you are 21 and have had no known back injury, you probably won't need a lower back xray anyway.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/31

Hallo Lizaan