Question
Posted by: Loyiso | 2010/02/19

Lower back pain

I was involved in a car accident in 2000. I did not sustain visible injuries and did not see the point consult. A year after i started feeling the back pain especially when the weather is bad. I reported this pain to the GP i consulted who asked me to bend and touch my toes while standing. He then felt my lower back with his fingers and told me it felt like i twisted my back. He told me to do some back exercises and the pain would eventually go away. The pain gradually went away for about 5 years. I thought my lower back had healed up until three years back when i started the gym. I noticed then it came back after lifting some weights, but it went away if i was not lifting. Recently, i feel this pain especially if i sit down up for a long periods. It has gone down to the middle of my waist just up the bum. I never consultant a specialist about this. Could this result from the accident i had? Please advise what to do?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

You should now have an x-ray of your back and the best is that an expert who knows about spinal problems evaluate you and your X-ray. You have a very long history of the problem and it should be manged properly now

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/02/22

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum