Lower back pain

Hi, I hurt my back about 3 months ago while cleaning a flat (mopping the floors). And all 3 months my back pain has been severe so bad that I can' t even pick up my 2 year old daughter or put her in her cot the most easy job has become a nightmare - due to the amount of pain I am in.

I' ve changed my seat at work 3 times as I thought that it could be contributing to the pain, and I make sure my posture is up right and correct but still the pain persists. I do not have any pain while walking or laying down only when lifting or sitting.

The pain itself is just above the buttocks (on the back) and spreads from left to right. I' ve also experience some pain on my left thigh but that pain has subsided.

Should I consult a physiotherpist? If so how will it be treated?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

The choice is yours - but do remember that the Chiropractic Profession specialises in Back Pain and as experts could advise on the ergonomics that may contribute to your problem. Physiotherapy may prove beneficial, and a physiotherapist could possibly explain in more detail what treatment procedure would be followed. If your pain is acute - consult an expert as soon as possible.