Posted by: Theresa | 2009-03-25

Lower back pain

Hi, last year I went for exrays, it was in November 2008. I suffer from lower back pain. The exrays show that I have a slightly Mecanical Disk Disease. Can you please explain to me what this means? I' m a tennis player and trained 3 hours a day form Mondays to Fridays. My coach changed my drills to make it easier on my back. Is there any medication that I can use to help me?
Kind Regards

Dear Theresa
Mechanical disk disease is degeneration of the discs between the vertebrae. Treatment is physiotherapy, strenghtening back muscles and avoiding actions that hurt your back. Anti-inflammatory and other medications are only symptomatic for the pain.