Question
Posted by: Suzy | 2008/09/25

LOWER BACK PAIN

I started doing straight leg raises during my excercise program and now experience a numb lower back pain.
Are the leg raises to blame?

HI Suzy

Could be - difficult to say, it could also be anything related to the exercise programme. Perhaps simply a case of fatigue caused by exercise, and maybe a bit of training on tired muscles? I would give it about a week and then assess. You might find tha tin a week, it's disappeared, in which case, no problem.

Alternatively, in the next week, it will stay the same, but then cut out the leg raises and see what happens - a process of elimination to figure out the cause...

Ross