Question
Posted by: Glencairn | 2009-05-06

Lower back burning legs

Dear Dr,

I have hip osteoarthritis and can' t have replacement surgery yet, but I am doing excersises to help me manage the condition. My problem is that I have now got lower back pain and sciatic nerve problems that give me a burning pain in my legs when I try to sleep. Is there anything I can do to relieve this? I don' t want to live on anti-inflammatories. thank you

Expert ImageArchive

Hello,
Consult with your local osteopath for a thorough assessment of your lower back.
For more information on osteopathy visit www.osteogoodhealth.com
Stretching your buttocks thoroughly sometimes give relief to lower back symptoms.
Apply a hot water bottle to just above the lower back but not on the painful area. Also heat on the buttocks.
Pull both knees to chest while lying on your back.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath

1
Posted by: MTAKI | 2009-08-05

I have that mentioned problem for about one year now
help me

Reply to MTAKI