Posted by: Videsh Maharaj | 2010-05-19

Lower back and Neck pain

I need help ASAP. I am a 21 year old guy and have severe back and neck pain. I was involved in a serious car accident, but doctors diagnosed me with a degenerative spine. I am currently on Lentogesic, Xefo 8, as well as non-prescription Adco-dol and Neurofen. I''m currently using a back brace as well. I am always in pain, but it''s worse in the mornings and late evenings. I do not get much sleep as the pain does not go away. Also, I have noticed that the neck pain has now also spread to the base of the neck and the shoulder.

I am seriously concerned as I am only 21, on really strong meds, and with no ease of pain in sight. Some days I can barely get out of bed. I have tried accupuncture, physiotherapy, chiropractic manipulation, nothing provides much relief. My doctor refuses to put me on a course of morphine, or anything stronger as he says I am still very young.

I am running out of options. Any advice would be really appreciated

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Ask your doctor to refer you to a Neurologist for a more complete evaluation of your condition. Have any x/rays been taken yet?