Question
Posted by: B.Smit | 2010/06/15

Lower back and abdominal pain

Dear Doctor,

I have the following symptoms, I have been to so many doctors before and yet they have found no solution. They did a swab, there was no results, my appendix has been surgically removed, and the symptoms are back, and even worse.

They have tested for cysts and there was nothing, and I have been doing pregnancy tests for a while now and they are negative, even when I tested at the doctors:

* Vomiting / Nausea
* Tiredness
* Weakness
* Lower back pain (Sometimes severe lower back pain, it differs from time to time but its been here for more than 3 weeks now, usually it last only a week or so)
* Abdominal pain - right left and centre (severe cramps from time to time, sometimes I cant even move, mostly I just need to move to a other position or I just relax till it goes away) This happens right through a day.
* Dizziness
* Blurry vision at times
* I do not suffer from constipation at all, or wind-breaking.
* My lower back feels like it is burning from time to time during the pain.
* I think I get a fever, sometimes even when its cold I feel like im burning out and that the sweat is dripping off.

Please give me advice, I don't know what to do anymore, and I don't want to go to doctors over and over again like in the past. This is getting worse everyday.

Thank you, in advance.

Dear B
You may have more than one condition causing these symtoms
Low back pain are often caused by muscle spasms -called mechanical back pain - especially if no spinal disease is present. Abdominal cramping with no other cause may be caused by a spastic colon. Blurry vision, sweating and dizziness can be caused by diabetes or blood sugar disorders. Tiredness, weakness and muscle pains can be caused by low electrolytes in the blood (easily tested with blood UKE and Calcium test)
Sometimes one has to go through a lot of possible causes for symptoms before the cause is found, and if you see different doctors each time they will not be able to put the puzzle together. Rather take all your results and see one doctor that can work through all the possiblities.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/15

Dear B