Question
Posted by: Noeline | 2010/02/15

lower back ache

I have been suffering from bad lower back ache for the past 2 years, after a freak accident, which goes into my buttocks, coxic and hips then down the back of my legs. I always feel like I am sitting on a tennis ball. I sleep badly because I wake up during the night from the pain. I can' t sit for long and I can' t stand for long periods of time. When we go on a long journey I have to take all kinds of meds just to get there. I am not on a medical aid and I am too scared to operate. I have tried phisio, reflexoligy, ciroprator and just managing the pain. PLEASE HELP! What else is there to do???

Hallo Noeline
I think you should see an orthopedic specialist as this is very suggestive of a nerve being pinched in your lower back (you may have a slipped disc) and a MRI may be needed. I think you should go to your nearest academic hospital outpatients and ask for a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. It is not a given that they will operate but it may be necessary if the nerve is being compressed to such an extent that there is danger of permanent damage.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/15

Hallo Noeline

Reply to cyberdoc