Posted by: T.... | 2009-02-05

Lower Back

Okay, im 24 years old turning 25 when i was younger i dove off a big boat in mozambique, when i did that i snapped something in my lower back. If i lye down on a flat surface like the floor i cant get up i loose felling in my legs and the pain is numbing as i have gotten older it has gotten worse, i also have a big arch in my back if i lye flat down on a surface, and if i stand up straight it looks like my lower back has a hump, i have had someone look at it (nurse) and they have said i have bleeding in my vertibras. just from this description do you think you could advise me as to what has happened and why is it at such a point now that even if i stand for to long it feels like i was on a flat surface.

Thank you for your time and i Realy look forward to hearing your response

Dear T....
You may have injured the disc between the vertebrae - I really think you urgently need to see a doctor to have x/rays of your back taken and for a neurological examination of your legs. You have signs of severe pressure on the nerve roots. Some doctors will just try to treat the symptoms, but insist on having xrays or referral to a back specialist because you have a history of a back injury.