Question
Posted by: Temez | 2010/11/24

Lower Abdonimal Cramps - URGENT

I''ve been having cramps on my lower left side for about a day now, yesterday, I was feeling nauseous, tired &  gassy. When I pressed down on the left side, the right hand side started hurting quite bad. It''s better if I lay / sit still, as soon as I start moving they start up again. I seem to have lost my appetite too. This morning the pain has stretched over my entire lower abdominal region.

I don''t want to jump straight to the worst case scenario - appendix, because, I also gave birth in July via emergency C-section, I stopped breastfeeding on the 3rd of November &  my gynae put me on the Evra Patch immediately, if the patch system is working out the way it shoud, my period is due next week Monday / Tuesday. This doesn''t quite feel like the period pain I remember which was a dull ache all day, but then again, my body was a very different place to what it is now...

Could this be considered normal ovulation / period pains? Should I go get checked out?

Thanks!

Hallo Temez
It does not sound to me like ovulation pain, and if it is sore when you move and you don't feel like eating, it could be an infection in the urine tract or a cyst on the ovaria. Appendix pain is usually right sided. If you are feverish and can't walk up straight, please see your doctor as soon as possible.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/24

Hallo Temez
dr Bets