Question
Posted by: Vera | 2009/11/02

Lower abdominal pains

I did ask the Gynae Doc and she said I should see my GP but I don' t have any medical funds left for this year. I am 45 years old and I am on Depo Provera so I haven'  t had a period for a couple of years. Occasionally, I get the most awful ' period'  pains in my lower abdomen starting on the right side of my abdomen and moving over to the left side. It feels exactly like a period pain and I used to really suffer with this at high school - even sometimes fainting in class! Now it feels that as soon as my bladder or bowel starts to ' fill up'  , the pain starts. It is so bad that I break out in a sweat and feel nauseous and I sit on the toilet to try and empty my bladder and bowel so that the pain will go away. I get very hot and I sweat which then turns cold and I start to shiver. The episode lasts about ten or fifteen minutes and then I'  m fine again (just very tired) until more food arrives in the bowel and then it starts all over again. Previously this only happened once in a day about every six months or so but recently it happened over a period of a week perhaps three or four times a day. Any advice would be most welcome.

Hallo Vera
you need an examination - these symptoms can be caused by a kidney stone, problems in the bowel (like inflammatory bowel disease/cancer/spastic colon) or even an ovarian cyst. You maybe need to spend the R300 or so and go for a proper at your doctor - he needs to test your urine and feel the stomach for any masses and he needs to do a gyne examination.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/02

Hallo Vera

Reply to cyberdoc