Question
Posted by: Temez | 2010-11-24

Lower Abdominal Pain - URGENT

I''ve been having cramps on my lower left side for about a day now, yesterday, I was feeling nauseous, tired &  gassy. When I pressed down on the left side, the right hand side started hurting quite bad. It''s better if I lay / sit still, as soon as I start moving they start up again. I seem to have lost my appetite too. This morning the pain has stretched over my entire lower abdominal region.

I don''t want to jump straight to the worst case scenario - appendix, because, I also gave birth in July via emergency C-section, I stopped breastfeeding on the 3rd of November &  my gynae put me on the Evra Patch immediately, if the patch system is working out the way it shoud, my period is due next week Monday / Tuesday. This doesn''t quite feel like the period pain I remember which was a dull ache all day, but then again, my body was a very different place to what it is now...

Could this be considered normal ovulation / period pains? Should I go get checked out?

Thanks!

It isn't possible to say whether this is normal or not without an examination. See your doctor if you are worried.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-26