Question
Posted by: Anon | 2011-07-26

lower abdomen pain

Hi Doctor,

For two days I''ve had a pain (somewhat like a muscular pull type pain) over my lower abdomen / uterus area. It doesn''t hurt very much when I''m sitting, just when I move, stand up straight or walk around. It doesn''t hurt when I push the area, but I do find it difficult to walk.
It feels unusual as (a) I''ve never had pain like this in that area before (b) it started seemingly out of the blue - I wasn''t exercising or doing anything strenuous.
The pain disappeared overnight, but started up again this afternoon worse than the first day.
Could it be a problem with my actual uterus? Or is it likely just a muscle strain not involved with the uterus?

The pain and discomfort could be due to a mere muscle strain but I do suggest that you consult a doctor for a full examination to have a proper diagnosis made. An ultrasound of the pelvis could be useful to determine if there is any problems with the ovaries, like small cysts and this could be quite painful.