Question
Posted by: Chireen | 2012/10/19

Low testosterone vs mood swings

Good day,
I would like to find out if low testosterone in females is in any way a cause for mood swings &  depression or if it even has any affect on mental health??

I dont think this is considered to be a cause of mood swings or depression in women, or even, to a really significant extent, in men. I'm surprised that anyone measured testosterone levels in a woman who was depressed, ad simple treatment with antidepressants usualyl works just fine

2
Posted by: Chireen | 2012/10/21

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and to reply.

Someone sent me a link to the website " Livestrong"  where it gives all the causes on the body (physical and mental) and depression is one of the symptoms. I have been diagnosed with bipolar some years ago and was on strong treatment for it but have for the last 4 years not been on any antidepressants. I would much rather treat the core problem than the symptom.

It might be worth doing some research on the matter so that not wrongly diagnose with depression and prescribe antidepressants.

Reply to Chireen