Question
Posted by: Curiious | 2009/01/22

Low sperm count to almost nothing

Low sperm count to almost nothing
Posted by: Curious
Message:
Hi Doctor,

My husband had been for a SA is March 2008. his count was 18mil, 4% moph, 50% motility - done by a medical specialist.. He was prescribed Staminogro and Clomid as we were going to do our 1st IVF / ICSI. In August 2008 He did another sperm test and the results were the same.. We did our IVF, got our BFP but then i m /c. About a week ago i had him go for another SA with Lancet and now its says: only 1 motile sperm per high density field.??? 4 non motile sperm per high density field. My FS says this is very bad??? We then went on to send him for tests, we testd his prolactin, tertesterone, throid and FSh and all his results were within the norm.. Please help me, i so desperately want children, ive been ttc for 3 years now. How can he have sperm to no sperm at all??????????
Date: 12/1/2009

Subject:
Posted by: Fertility expert
Message:
Dear Curious

It is well known fact that sperm parameters fluctuate significantly from period to period and it may just be that the sperm was tested at a bad point in time. I would suggest that a repeat sperm analysis be done within 3 months and should this problem persist then clearly there is a significant adverse factor at play and it may even be feasible to store sperm in cryopreservation for future use. I would suggest that you commence the new treatment cycle as soon as possible, if this is the case and it maybe necessary to even proceed to intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).

Answered by: Dr. M. I. Cassim

Date: 14/1/2009

Subject: RE: Low sperm count to almost nothing
Posted by: Curious
Message:
We definately will be doing our next IVF/ ICSI / GIFT ICSI in April. I pray by then his sperm count goes up otherwise i mean how can we do it with 1 motile sperm per high density field.??? 4 non motile sperm per high density field. What does this mean?? Does this mean he has very few sperm or ??? Im very confused, i do know when he went for the last test he was very very stressed out.. Can that be a reason.. He has psoriasis, doesnt take anything for it, only applies epimax plus to it.. All he takes is chaleted zinc 1 capsule twice daily. 1000mg Vitamin C and Floic acid.... Do you think this will help.?????????????????
Date: 16/1/2009

Dear Curious

Stress does play a very important role in infertility and certainly may affect the sperm count or Quality. The use of Zinc, Vitamin C and Folic Acid may have some beneficial effect. I would suggest that you continue it. It certainly wouldn’t have any negative effect. Good luck with your next ICSI attempt.

2
Posted by: Curious | 2009/01/29

Hi Again.

I wanted to know if i give my husband a combination of Double Vit C and Folic Acid with Chalted Zinc and Staminogro, is that Ok or is the 17 Testo X better?? Is there a possibility it might help.?? With the sperm and his psoriasis?? Please help me. I want to do another IVF, Gift ICSI but i cant if his numbers dont go up?? Please... Thanking you. May God Reward You..

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Curious | 2009/01/28

Dr Cassim Hi. I would also like to know if a product named 17 Testo X made by USN might help increase sperm production due to it increasing Testosterone levels to the natural level??. Please help, im getting so frustrated, trying for three years now... How can i increase my husbands sperm count.

Reply to Curious