Question
Posted by: Curious | 2009/01/16

Low sperm count to almost nothing

Please answer 194...

Thanking you..

Dear Curious

Your Question has been answered and posted on the site.

1
Posted by: CURIOUS | 2009/01/23

Low sperm count to almost nothing
Posted by: Curious
Message:
Hi Doctor,

My husband had been for a SA is March 2008. his count was 18mil, 4% moph, 50% motility - done by a medical specialist.. He was prescribed Staminogro and Clomid as we were going to do our 1st IVF / ICSI. In August 2008 He did another sperm test and the results were the same.. We did our IVF, got our BFP but then i m /c. About a week ago i had him go for another SA with Lancet and now its says: only 1 motile sperm per high density field.??? 4 non motile sperm per high density field. My FS says this is very bad??? We then went on to send him for tests, we testd his prolactin, tertesterone, throid and FSh and all his results were within the norm.. Please help me, i so desperately want children, ive been ttc for 3 years now. How can he have sperm to no sperm at all??????????
Date: 12/1/2009

Subject:
Posted by: Fertility expert
Message:
Dear Curious

It is well known fact that sperm parameters fluctuate significantly from period to period and it may just be that the sperm was tested at a bad point in time. I would suggest that a repeat sperm analysis be done within 3 months and should this problem persist then clearly there is a significant adverse factor at play and it may even be feasible to store sperm in cryopreservation for future use. I would suggest that you commence the new treatment cycle as soon as possible, if this is the case and it maybe necessary to even proceed to intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).

Answered by: Dr. M. I. Cassim

Date: 14/1/2009

Subject: RE: Low sperm count to almost nothing
Posted by: Curious
Message:
We definately will be doing our next IVF/ ICSI / GIFT ICSI in April. I pray by then his sperm count goes up otherwise i mean how can we do it with 1 motile sperm per high density field.??? 4 non motile sperm per high density field. What does this mean?? Does this mean he has very few sperm or ??? Im very confused, i do know when he went for the last test he was very very stressed out.. Can that be a reason.. He has psoriasis, doesnt take anything for it, only applies epimax plus to it.. All he takes is chaleted zinc 1 capsule twice daily. 1000mg Vitamin C and Floic acid.... Do you think this will help.?????????????????
Date: 16/1/2009

Reply to CURIOUS