Posted by: Curiou | 2008-12-15

Low sperm count to Almost Nothing

Hi Doctor,

My husband had been for a SA is March 2008. his count was 18mil, 4% moph, 50% motility - done by a medical specialist.. He was prescribed Staminogro and Clomid as we were going to do our 1st IVF / ICSI. In August 2008 He did another sperm test and the results were the same.. We did our IVF, got our BFP but then i m /c. About a week ago i had him go for another SA with Lancet and now its says: only 1 motile sperm per high density field.??? 4 non motile sperm per high density field. My FS says this is very bad??? We then went on to send him for tests, we testd his prolactin, tertesterone, throid and FSh and all his results were within the norm.. Please help me, i so desperately want children, ive been ttc for 3 years now. How can he have sperm to no sperm at all??????????

Please note that during the festive season and annual shut down period no questions were attended to. The experts are back and if you are still interested in a response to your post, please re-post the question and it will be attended to promptly.

Kind regards

Dr M.I. Cassim and Dr Y. Dasoo