Question
Posted by: willie | 2012-07-17

low sperm count

my husband has a low sperm count due too a history of testical cancer. we resently did a sperm count and was told that its low we would like to have a baby. so what would u suggest i the next step forward?

Dear willie
In this situation I would strongly recommend invitro fertilization(IVF) and i would further recommend that the sperm sample be frozen for future use. Occasionally one sees a serious deterioration in sperm parameters with time, therefore freezing a sperm sample may act as some form of insurance for this.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

1
Posted by: Nat | 2012-07-27

My husband too has a very low sperm count (from 1.5 million to less than 500,000). My only advice is get yourselves to a fertility specialist ASAP to discuss IUI / IVF if you want a baby.
We waited too long and a number of other problems came up and we are now no longer able to conceive. Good luck.

Reply to Nat