Question
Posted by: Alexandria | 2008/06/21

Low sperm count?

Hello. My fiance, 29, and I have been together for 6 years and everytime he ejaculates, his semen is really thin and more of a yellow tint. It's also not sticky like. I thought it is supposed to be thick, sticky, and white. He is overweight at almost 300 lbs. and has high BP and cholesterol. Is this why "it" isn't normal looking? Also, I am worried this will cause infertility. Will it? Is there anything he can do to help get things to normal? Thank you for all your help.

Dear Alexandria
Fairly thin watery semen may be suggestive of an underlying sperm problem and I would suggest that a formal semen analysis be undertaken to exclude this possibility. The yellow tint is not necessarily pathological unless there are associated liver dysfunctions and or dietary factors. A simple sperm analysis is certainly warranted at this stage.

2
Posted by: Dee | 2008/06/23

I also suggest doing a test - even if you are not planning a baby it will at least prepare you should there be a problem. The yellow colour can come from urine but that shouldnt be the case all the time.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Tasja | 2008/06/22

I was also concerned about my husbands spermcolour and thickness(was seethrough and not milky ,after we got maried,and when i went to my Gynae for my first chekcup i told him about my fears!!He said it did not sound normal and my DH should do a sperm test.Well turns out he only had 13% good sperm and only 11 mlllion.I had a huge shock as he did!After some meds for 6 months it still did not improve,hehad to stop smoking,not take hot baths,and lose the tight underwear.He drank stiminogro and spermaid,only starts working after 3 mnths,as sperm reproduce evry about 70 days!Anyway only way you will know is if he has a test done.Overweight also causes this!

Reply to Tasja