Posted by: wvw | 2009-01-06

low sperm &  No Ovulation

I would like to know me and my husbund went to the doctor &  the ginea. my husband have low sperm count but the ginea said that it is caused by the welding my husband is a welder in traid and he had an infection so he gave some antibiotics but then he told us that he really think that i am not ovulating and he gave me clomid do you think that my husband sperm count could be low due to the infection and do you think i would fall pregnant when i am ovulating even with the low sperm count. We realy want to have a child together i have a girl of 12 and he doesnt have any children

Dear Wvw

The presence of any infection can causes a low sperm count. I will be unable to tell you if you would have a reasonable chance of falling pregnant without knowing the actual values of how low the sperm count is as well as the other parameters such as sperm quality and sperm motility. If the sperm count is not too low and the quality and motility is good, then provided your fallopian tubes are opened then the medication used to help you ovulate should have a reasonable chance of success in achieving a pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo