Question
Posted by: irene | 2008/09/10

low sex drive- need a counseller 27f

After the bith of my baby I' ve lost any interest in sex. Seven moths have passed already.
I used to be an every night person. I' M not on any pill or medicaton or vitamin supplements. My eating habits are the same and my career is still doing well. I even have my old figure back.
Anyhow , I do know that it is stress related due to relationship arguments and disagreements. I would appreciate if you helped me with the details of marriage counsellers I could speak to. To be quote honest, I cannot get into too much expense, but if that is the only way, then I' ll have to.

Irene, I'm pleased that you already know that it's not that you have a problem, but that the relationship has a problem - your body is just responding to it and the stresses of being a new mother.

You can access marriage counselling via FAMSA which has branches nationwide (look up your local branch in the phone book). FAMSA offers good quality counselling for which payment is calculated on a sliding scale...(means tested). Alternativley, contact your GP who is likely to be familiar with the professionals in your area.

1
Posted by: Mr P | 2008/09/10

You might want to reconsider vitamin supplements. It could be due to a inbalance in your vitamins or minerals that worsening the problem.

My first question to you is why do you fight or over what do you fight most? It could be sexually related since you' ve probably negnected your man during the final months of pregnancy and the last few months after the birth of your child. Most mothers tend to devote all their time and energy into the new child, but forget about the husband.

I suspect that you' ve reprogrammed your mind to only have the needs of your child on your mind the whole time. You' ve " override"  your sexual desires and therefor your have a very low sexdrive now.

If sexual tension is the cause of your relationship problems you' ll need to take control back of your libido. And it is possible to do it without the help of a counseller. There are many ways to do this, but one way it to masturbate every day for at least 3 weeks, even if you don' t feel like it. This is one way of " restarting"  your libido, but there is whole range of stuff that you can do to help yourself regain your libido.

Reply to Mr P