Question

Low sex drive / low libido - PLEASE HELP !!!

I am 24 year and have been with my partner for 8 years.
Recently I have been experiencing a very low sex drive, to the extent that if i don''t have sex for months, it wont phase me at all.
When we do have sex, the sex is awesome, however i tend to bruise every easily down there and can be very dry so i get very uncomfortable and that tends to dampen the mood :(

What can I do increase my libido?
Is there anything herbal that i can try or should i rather just see a sexologist ?

Dear Anon,

The sexual response cycle of a woman is complex and many factors can contribute to low sexual desire that could include biological, social, relational, psychological, past sexual history, culture, religion etc etc.

It would be adviseable to see a sex therapist to first help you locate what lies at the root of your low sex drive. Only then can a best intervention be identified.

5
Posted by: JJ | 2011/08/23

Hi, how do i go about finding a sex therpaist or sexologist in my area. I live in Fish Hoek, Cape town. My partner and i desparately need counselling and i have no idea where to go.

Reply to JJ
Posted by: Sally | 2011/08/22

RE: to SAM |

" Where on the East Rand can I get help for the same problem - after 12 years my partner wants to leave me because I''''m boring ... I don''''t know how to change and need proffessional help for me and together??" 

Try new positions ... Buy a Kama Sutra book ... it gives u Sexual Tips and loads of different positions ...

Reply to Sally
Posted by: SAM | 2011/08/19

Where on the East Rand can I get help for the same problem - after 12 years my partner wants to leave me because I''m boring ... I don''t know how to change and need proffessional help for me and together??

Reply to SAM
Posted by: XXX | 2011/08/18

Many factors could influence this,I would seek a sexologist''s advice by meeting with one so he can work through them.
I see you have been with your partner for 8 years and you are 24,hopefully not sexually active for all those years !

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Hornyguy | 2011/08/18

Seek proffessional advise.

Reply to Hornyguy