Question
Posted by: Morgan | 2011/06/02

Low Sex Drive in Teen Girls?

At 19 I would think my sex drive would be flying through the roof, but it''s not! I lost my virginity when I was 16, and was always extremely sexually driven and excited, even if I was just around a guy I liked. My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half, and for about 8 months it just doesn''t really appeal to me. I still mentally want to have sex all the time, but the rest just isn''t there. Is this normal? Or should I be concerned?

The “danger” in engaging in sexual activities very early is that you might get board with it earlier as what it would have been the case when you started later in life. Your hormonal levels should at this age not be a concern but it is always good to check it out. It could however also have a strong “emotional” or “psychological” factor – it might be that your boyfriend is just not doing it for you. It might be worth exploring how you could spice up your relationship on all levels. Furthermore it might be worth considering the professional help of a professional psychologist dealing with sexual problems to help you explore all possible avenues

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

8

Do you have one Stone?

Posted by: stone | 2011/06/03

lucky packet degrees no doubt, these days everybody has two degrees

Reply to stone
Posted by: boomsie | 2011/06/03

amen anon....
maybe stone has a stone head,or also began early...

Reply to boomsie

Contraire Stone sinciere appologies but I have two degrees to my name. Can you say the same?

It is very ignorant to accept sexually active teenagers as ok.

At 16 and 19 children (BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE) should be concentrating on their education and their future, not about whether their sex drive is normal.

No wonder we have the social problems we do and the world is such a messed up place, because our priorities are out of whack, and everybody thinks it is normal and OK. Well it isnt.

Posted by: stone | 2011/06/03

Boomsie and Anon your lack of education is embarrasing, I suggest you both shut up as any one reading this can read how extremely uneducated you both are

Reply to stone

Amen to that Boomsie

Posted by: boomsie | 2011/06/03

that is why children is not supposed to have sex, because its something that relaxex after a while, and then you not interested anymore, so i guess youre gonna have to live without good sexlife for the next..?40 years? yap, girl, should have thought about it earlier....

Reply to boomsie
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/06/03

Reply to sexologist