Question
Posted by: Help | 2011/06/02

Low sex drive

My gynae says the pill I am on (Yasmin) has affected the testosterone levels in my body and therefore I have a low sex drive. Can this be and how does it get corrected?

There are several different birth control tablets on the market as well as other forms of birth control. Some of the birth control tablets have a negative impact on sex drive and it might be worth your while to explore other options. Go back to either your gynecologist or seek a second opinion.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.

4
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/06/03

Hi there Help,

Yasmin had the same effect on me. From hero to zero. I am off Yasmin now but still nothing. They say it can take up to 3 months for your hormones to adjust, so I am waiting patiently.

Good luck!

Reply to Bee-Bee
Posted by: Annetjie | 2011/06/03

I am 52. Had Full historectomy. On HRT for 10 years. No sex drive for the last 2 years. Please can you give advice?

Reply to Annetjie
Posted by: boomsie | 2011/06/03

kak man! nog noit gehoor die pil maak dat jy minder jags is nie, dit maak my nteendeel jagser.....
kry ander doktr

Reply to boomsie
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/06/03

Reply to sexologist