Posted by: Louise | 2010-03-04

Low sex drive

My partner and I have a healthy sex life, but recently I have had no interest whatsoever. I still find my partner very sexy, but lately I just don''t feel very sexual myself.
I have to take medication for a recurrent HSV-1 infection for 5 days and I think it may affect my libido, but I''m not sure.
I am also worried that through sexual contact I won''t be careful with the lesion and pass it to him. When the lesion begins I am too scared to even touch him.
But will these feelings pass? I miss my stunning sex life with him...

Dear Louise
SEx is always a very anxiety producing act. The added burden of possible transmission of Herpes and the pain assoc with the acute infection will always cause anxiety . Please advise your partner about your infection and i would strongly recommend the use of condoms ,either male or female