Question
Posted by: Kaitlyn | 2010/06/28

Low self-esteem

Dear Cybershrink, I only just discovered that I think I have very very low self-esteem. I don''t think there is anything good about myself not a single thing. There is always someone that can do it better and I will be the first when someone pays me a compliment to tell them I m sure you could do it too. I constantly want my husbands approval in everything I do. I find myself watching alot of the food channel to cook and bake for him and it''s never good enough and he says he would like it if it tasted the way he remembered (Before we got married, nobody cooks better than his mother). After he slapped me the other night I said that it isn''t the right way to treat me and he said, oh I didn''t think it was a problem. I just feel like I''m nowhere lost and searching for I dont know what.

Well, now you realize that you have low self-esteem, and you can start assuming that you are certainly ever so much better than you assume you are. See a psychotherapist / counsellor, to work on recognizing your own worth, boosting yout self-confidence, and growing to enjoy your abilities and independence.

4
Posted by: Stephanie | 2010/07/01

Any man that slaps his wife is a coward and not worth being married to. If he slaps you once, he will continue doing so. Get a life of your own and leave him. Good luck.

Reply to Stephanie
Posted by: Anna | 2010/06/28

He didn''t think it would be a problem if he slapped you?! Please get involved with some friends, widen your circle, get out and learn some skills - you''ll feel stronger, brighter and better with each new friend and every success, no matter how small.

Reply to Anna
Posted by: Happiness | 2010/06/28

Staying with someone who does not see your worth is not gonna help the situation either. Him slapping seals the deal. Try surrounding yourself with positive people as well even though the CS advice is still the best.

Reply to Happiness