Question
Posted by: jon | 2010/06/04

Low self esteem?

Morning Doc
I am 44 years old ,male married with 2 children. Reflecting on my life it is clear that I am an under achiever,have lied my way through life in every aspect thereof. My social circle is nil.I struggle to sleep ,cannot sit still -when i sleep i am all over the place,- i also seem to fantasize alot -eg -when i go to bed -i have these huge thoughts of me being a famous writer / musician ect -always have .My concentration span appears to be getting worse,, i dont read anymore and in my work , i just delegate. i am erratic, irritable,negative -and have always been this way. i am calulated in my approach and impulsive in my behaviour. All in all ,not somebody you would want to be around.
Based in Pretoria and wondering how i should start with the process of sorting myself out? thank you.

Hi Jon.
Its often around this age that we pause to reflect on what we've done, where we've been, and where we're going. It may be an uncomfortable process, in part, but its an opportunity to redesign our plans and head somewhere better than we have been so far.
You'd be surprised how many people charted new directions and made unexpected successes of themselves when twice your age.
Without a better degree of understanding you may detract from what you need to be doing right now, by fantasizing about what you might do then. A counsellor, especially a business-like CBT-style approach, could help you review and plan fruitfully, and make a useful map of how to get there from here

2
Posted by: zan | 2010/06/04

u need the lord............

Reply to zan

Hi Jon.