Posted by: Wayne | 2012-05-17

Low Pulse

Hi Doc,

A couple of weeks ago I was ill and went to my doctor who mentioned I have a low pulse rate. I''ve been looking this up on the internet and found out that I sometimes have syptoms for a low pulse rate such as dizzyness and lightheadedness. I was wondering if I should be concerned and what I should do about it. I have recently stopped smoking, I''m eating healthy and excercising 4 days a weeks. I have lost 10 kilogrammes and am a male of 39 years of age and suffer from hypertention for which I take 10mg Rampril daily. I now and again feel lightheaded and dizzy and then afterward get quite a headache, but this does go away after a few hours. What could be the cause and what can I do. Also how do I check my pulse rate often to see if its normal? Thanks, Wayne

I suggest that you consult a cardiologist for a stress ECG and a echo cardiogram to evaluate your heart. This way it can be determined if there is any heart pathology present that you have to be concerned about.