Posted by: Jen | 2009-02-28

Low progesterone levels and miscarriage

Dear Doc

I have had one healthy pregnancy (no morning sickness) and now we are trying for another baby but I' v had two miscarriages. My blood tests show that I have low progesterone. I also have a lot of the symptoms of low progesterone. Is there a supplement that I can take to correct this, not only during pregnancy but in general so that I won' t have any more of the symptoms such as low sex drive, heavy and painful periods, fatigue, headaches etc.? It would be wonderful to be energetic and happy all the time!

I am not sure why you think that these are symptoms of low progesterone. There is usually a cause for low progesterone such as not ovulating, and your symptoms are not in keeping with this.