Question
Posted by: Slippers | 2011/03/03

Low progesterone

Hello Doc
I am 7 weeks pregnant and had a scan on Wed, plus bloods. The scan showed the baby''s heartbeat.
My Gynae''s rooms just called to say my progesterone levels are low and I need to get Ubrogerlan (?) and start using immediately PV (2 daily). I am panicking - does this mean I will have another miscarriage? My last pregnancy ended before 10 weeks with no heartbeat when I went for a scan, and I then had a D& C. Can this be why the last pregnancy didn''t keep going?
Please can you let me know whether this is the start of the end?

It may be a problem. The uterogestan should help though.

4

Posted by: Slippers | 2011/03/03

Thank you Purple, en dankie Rika. Doctors rooms said I mustn''t go for more bloods, just go back and see him in 3 weeks (which is when my next appointment is). I guess this means something along the lines of that if it works, it works, and if it doesn''t, theres nothing that can be done.... :(

Reply to Slippers
Posted by: Rika | 2011/03/03

Ai,Slippers,pas jouself mooi op.Drink die medisyne en rus soveel as moontlik.Ek dink regtig aan jou.Sterkte.

Reply to Rika
Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/03

The progesterone can save a pregnancy where you have low progesterone levels.
Yes, it does seem to be one of the common causes of miscarriage (low progesterone levels).

Reply to Purple