Question
Posted by: Soini | 2010-08-17

Low pogestrone

I have been trying to conceive for the past 2 months now to no success. My pogestrone levels are very low at 15, my Dr prescribed Folic Acid Forte but does not seem to help either. is there anything that you can prescribe apart from Folic Acid that can help with ovulation?

Dear Soini

If you have been trying to fall pregnant for the last two months and have not achieved a success then I don’t think you should worry, as you have not tried long enough. By definition the inability to conceive after trying for 1 year with then indicate difficulty in falling pregnant or infertility. A progesterone level of 15 is not very low and this indicates that ovulation is taking place. Folic acid forte will not help you fall pregnant any faster except it is important to take it so that when you do conceive it helps potential problems to be reduced in the baby. Folic acid s therefore not a drug used to help with ovulation. It appears that having a regular cycle with a progesterone level in the mid-cycle of 15 would indicate ovulation is taking place and you may not necessarily need drugs to help with ovulation.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-08-23

Dear Soini

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: DUH | 2010-08-20

You have only been trying to conceive for 2 MONTHS. Give your system some time - a normal person with no issues can take up to 1 year to conceive, after a year you are classified " infertile" .
You should really give it a few more months. There are people here who have been TTC for many years (I have been ttc for 4 years now), and two months is nothing.

Reply to DUH