Question
Posted by: Sonia | 2010/07/16

Low Pogestrone

I recently went for a pogetrone test and the results came back very low at 15.66 and i understand it should at least be 21 for me to fall pregnant. My Dr prescibed Folic Acid Forte for about six months.
is there really a chance that i would be able to conceive after taking this pills or what else can i do to increase my chances?

Please help, thanks.

When in the cycle was the progesterone done?

4
Posted by: Sonia | 2010/07/20

Thanks for reply
The test was done on day 21.
On day 12, 13 &  14 I also did ovulation tests which were negative.

Reply to Sonia
Posted by: Sonia | 2010/07/19

Thanks F 
We did the test with my Dr on the exact days when the levels are suppose to be high. I would also like to know if there is any lady out there who had the same problem and overcome it.

Thanks alot for reply again. Cheers

Reply to Sonia
Posted by: f | 2010/07/19

Your progesterone levels differ at different times of your cycle.

Folic acid will not help you to fall pregnant, but once you do fall pregnant it is important in order to prevent neural tube defects. Since the neural tube develops before you even know you are pregnant, women are advised to take it when trying to conceive.

Reply to f