Question
Posted by: Sia | 2010/02/16

Low Placents

Can you please explain to me what it means if your placenta is not high up in the uterus and it is lying over the cervix? What can be done? and will this cause problems even if I have a c- section?

If the placenta remains low later in the pregnancy, you will need a caesarean.Bleeding can occur before this and this can be serious. Hence most women are hospitalised from about 30 weeks.

2

Posted by: Jules | 2010/02/16

My placenta was low during my pregnancy - the gynae warned me with every visit, if I bleed i must go straigth to the hospital. I did bleed and had a c section done, no problems. My child is now 6yrs old. You won' t be able to give natural birth if the placenta does not move, so a c section is the obvious choice.

Reply to Jules